MAUI SURF LESSONS
PRIVATE MAUI SURF LESSONS
2 Hour PRIVATE Lesson
We do NOT combine parties!
FREE Digital Photos of your tour
1 guest $199
2-4 guests $139 per person
5 or more guests $139 per person with 2 instructors
Book a Surf Lesson
Do you want to learn to stand up or learn to surf?
Maui has a lot of “surf schools,” companies that provide one surf instructor to a bunch of would-be surfers all at once. But this model makes it difficult for one instructor to give the personalized attention you may need to learn to surf well.
For some people, it’s enough to stand up on the board and get a quick photo for your social media feed – usually for purchase. But there’s typically little instruction on the ins and outs of surfing, and although you might get lucky and catch a wave on your own once in a while, you likely won’t leave knowing much about on how waves act, waiting for the right wave or what to do once your up on your board.
At Paddle Maui, we aim to help you learn how to surf well.
In your private surf lesson, your expert surf instructor will give you the personal attention you need to really “get it.” Standing up on the board and riding a gentle wave is fun and easy, but there’s a lot more to surfing, and we’ll show you exactly what we mean:
Some important surfing skills you’ll gain at Paddle Maui include:
• Surf etiquette – we’ll teach you the core premise of surf respect that will ensure you and the surfers around you stay safe, avoid collisions, and take turns catching waves
• Wave selection – not every wave is good for surfing, so we’ll show you how to recognize and wait for the right one
• Board position – where you position your feet and body on the board makes a big difference in your ability to catch a wave and ride it in
• Paddling – paddling out to the break can be one of the most tiring aspects of surfing, but we’ll teach you how to do it properly so you can stay out longer
• The jump up – we’ll show you the best way to get up on your board once you’ve got the wave so you can stay up longer
These skills take practice to master. Our Maui surf instructors will help you understand these finer points of surfing success and support you as you learn and practice these skills during your private surf lesson.