ABOUT ALOHA OUTDOORS
Aloha Outdoors offers exciting and educational adventures that introduce you to Maui's beautiful natural environment and its Hawai'ian culture.
Environmental Stewardship • Community Service • Sense of Place
A community of sustainably-minded ocean stewards who cultivate a sense of kuleana globally.
We provide authentic sustainable eco-tours that empower our guests to discover a deeper appreciation of and connection to Hawaii’s marine environment.
Safety: is always first above all else, Integrity: we are who we say we are and do what we say we do, Exceptional Customer Service: from first point of contact to the guides on the water, Community: this is within our community of team members at HPS but also how HPS connects with the larger Community of Maui, Hawaii and the World, Sense of Place/Culture: Culture is what makes Hawaii special… we hope that comes across in everything we do, Fiscal Stability: we are a for profit company and this enables us to do the good we do.
- Raised $48,582 for local organizations
- Logged 394 community volunteer hours
- Hosted Paddle For Hunger event, Paddle For Keiki toy drive, and International Coastal Cleanup Day event
- Awarded 2018 Sustainable Tour Operator of the Year
- Certified B Corp and Sustainable Eco-Tourism Operator
Paddle Maui is proud to join the B Corp community, a network of over 1,500 businesses around the world who are dedicated to using business for environmental and social change. We take our commitment to our employees, environment, and community seriously. From beach cleanups and reducing our consumption of single-use plastics to supporting local nonprofits and providing strong employee benefits, we continually strive towards sustainable practices that are good for our planet.
Green is more than a color…. and Sustainability is the new black!
Paddle Maui was recently honored by the Hawaii Ecotourism Association for our sustainable practices. We are now one of 14 companies in the state of Hawaii to be certified by the HEA as an “Ecotour Company”. To learn more about Ecotourism in Hawaii visit the Hawaii Ecotourism Associations website. You can read an article about the HEA’s Certification Program here : Hawaii Magazine Article
At Paddle Maui we try to leave our ocean playground better than we found it… here are a few ways we give back:
- We are active members of our local Surfrider Foundation Maui Chapter and Paddle Maui has assisted in beach and reef clean ups as water safety/patrol.
- We joined SRF’s Rise Above Plastics campaign and stopped using single-use plastic water bottles on our tours and replaced them with stainless steel water bottles with filtered water.
- We do a mini ‘beach clean-up’ each time we teach a surf lesson, taking a few moments before the guests show up to malama (care for) the beach.
- If we see any marine debris (plastics, bags, rope, fishing gear) while on the ocean we will turn around to pick it up.
- We educate our guests on the importance of the reef and marine environment, making sure they are aware of how fragile an ecosystem it is.
- We try not to disturb any marine life while on our tours. We will NOT: pull octopus out of their homes to show them to guests, pick up sea urchins or other marine animals. We would rather view them in their natural state and not add any stress to their lives.
- We try to be as culturally sensitive as possible, providing factual information and saying “I don’t know” rather than making something up if we don’t know an answer to your questions about Hawaiian Culture and Hawaii.
We love marine wildlife and recognize the importance of minimizing disturbance to dolphins, whales, turtles and other marine animals. As a Dolphin SMART Proud Supporter, Paddle Maui is committed to promoting responsible viewing and advertising of wild dolphins. We obey all local regulations (including the Marine Mammal Protection Act), and train our guides on how to properly interact with wildlife. It is our goal to educate our guests about Hawaii’s marine life in a manner that is fun, educational, and environmentally responsible.